Facial hair removal cream is one of the most popular choices of hair removal methods for women because it is quick, easy, and relatively painless. However, many people with sensitive skin have reservations about using it because they are worried about the side effects. If you’re one of those who is wondering if facial hair removal creams are suitable for sensitive skin, then you’ve come to the right place. In this blog post, we’ll explore the most important aspects of facial hair removal creams in detail so that you can make an informed decision.
What is Facial Hair Removal Cream?
Facial hair removal cream, also known as depilatory cream, is a chemical-based product that dissolves hair from the surface of the skin. It usually contains an active ingredient called calcium thioglycolate, which breaks down the protein structure of hair. The cream is applied to the skin for a certain period of time, and then it is wiped away with a spatula or rinse-off with water.
How Does Facial Hair Removal Cream Affect Sensitive Skin?
Facial hair removal creams can cause skin irritation, redness, and even burns if not used correctly. People with sensitive skin are more prone to these side effects because their skin is more delicate and easily reacts to foreign substances. It is recommended to do a patch test before using the cream on your face. This means applying a small amount of cream on your wrist or elbow and waiting for a few hours to see if any allergic reactions appear.
Things to Keep in Mind While Using Facial Hair Removal Cream
• Always read the label and follow the instructions carefully.
• Do not leave the cream longer than the prescribed time.
• Do not apply the cream on broken or damaged skin.
• Avoid using the cream near the eyes, nose, and mouth.
• Wash the area with plenty of water and mild soap after hair removal.
• Moisturize the treated area to prevent skin dryness and flakiness.
Alternatives to Facial Hair Removal Cream
If you have sensitive skin and facial hair removal cream does not suit you, then don’t worry, there are other alternatives that you can try:
• Waxing: it removes hair from the root and usually lasts for a few weeks.
• Threading: it involves twisting a cotton thread around the hair and pulling it out.
• Shaving: it is the easiest and most convenient method, but it has to be done frequently.
• Epilators: it is an electronic device that pulls the hair from the root with the help of rotating tweezers.
In conclusion, facial hair removal cream can be suitable for sensitive skin if it is used with care and following the recommended usage. However, it is always advisable to consult your skincare specialist before using any depilatory products. If you experience any negative reactions, discontinue its usage and seek professional advice. Remember, there are always alternative hair removal methods available that can help you achieve your desired look without compromising your skin health.